Samsung, a famous company dedicated to advanced consumer technology and cell phones, has launched two new media devices – GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and GALAXY S WiFi 5.0. With 4 “or 5″ screen and great apps like the original GALAXY S, these devices provide a unique entertainment experience.
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 is running on Android 2.2, uses Samsung’s TouchWiz interface has a 5″ Super Duper clear LCD display of 800 × 480, 1GHz processor, microSD memory card slot, and a 3.2 megapixel camera with flash.
The device reminds a lot about Samsung Galaxy phone with a bigger screen and no 3G or cell phone capabilities. But the device comes preloaded with Skype so you can make calls over WiFi. It also comes with a whole bunch of useful programs right out of the box. Connectivity Features also include Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, GPS and 3.5 mm audio jack. Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 features multi-format audio / video player, FM radio, voice recorder, stereo speakers, sensors and document reader and editor.
The grand thing about this device is that it comes with the Android Market support right out of the box. This is a great advantage compared to Android offers from Archos (Gen 8 units) and Cowon (D3), which have no official access to the market. While Archos users have the ability to access the Market, there is no such option for D3 yet. Samsung’s licensing of the market on their Galaxy players are the smartest move so far for units without a SIM card slot.
Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 Accessories:
If you decide to get a Galaxy WiFi 5.0, check out our category iPad & Tablet PC Accessories, where you can find Samsung Galaxy 5.0 WiFi accessories at the best prices online.
More about Galaxy WiFi 4.0 and Galaxy WiFi 5.0:
Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 and Galaxy WiFi 5.0 features include:
* Screen: The clear display makes web browsing and multimedia viewing pleasure. Take your mobile lifestyle – watching movies, television programs, photos, and Web browsing anywhere. Samsung’s latest mDNIe technology ensures that video and photos look great.
* AndroidTM 2.2 “Froyo”: GALAXY S WiFi 5.0 has Froyo operating system, with the option to upgrade to 2.3 Gingerbread.
* Apps: With access to over 150 000 applications available on Android MarketTM, Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 5.0 a fully customizable Smart Device. Integrated GPS support extends the capabilities of the device, so you can take advantage of Google’s map service and app directory.
* Google Mobile Services: Enjoy premium GoogleTM services GmailTM, Google TalkTM and YouTubeTM. Take advantage of voice recognition technology to search with Google faster than ever on the internet. Stay connected to the world’s foremost Google applications.
* Samsung Social Hub: The entire social life in his hand. At the same post messages and photos on Flickr, Facebook, Twitter and use Samsung’s Social Hub.
* VoIP Voice & Video Calls: GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 using video and voice communications services. The Qik application allows video chat that can be shared across social networking services.
* HD video and images: The camera lets you take photos and share your life, capturing high quality video or still images. Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 support DivX HD and various codec standards, including MPEG4, H264, DivX, XviD, WMV codecs ensures that you can enjoy huge catalog of content from across the web.
* Audio excellence: Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 “Smart Player” is designed to deliver the best possible sound and picture experience. Samsung SoundAliveTM technology provides superior sound quality with deeper bass and greater tonal articulation.
* Improved memory: Packed with 8 / 16 GB of memory, plus microSD, driven by a powerful 1GHz.